About Me

My photo
Hi! We are the McCann's. Our names are Ben & Anna. We are a loving family in Las Vegas, Nevada looking for an infant or young child to adopt. Baby makes 4! Our blog will outline the process we go through to finish our family through adoption. It's going to be honest. It's going to be hard. It's going to be obtrusive. We are publicly sharing our story because word of mouth has always been the most effective way to find a child that needs their forever family.

Thursday, September 11, 2014

A Birth Mother Reaches Out

 
Don't get excited. Don't get excited. Don't get excited. I mean it, don't get excited, yet.

An adoption angel reached out to me today. There is a birth mother checking us out. I don't have any idea how far this will go. It might fizzle immediately, it might go awry along the way...but it also might finish our family, forever. Just knowing someone thinks we are great gives me goose bumps and makes me want to cry and vomit at the same time. Is this it? I don't have any idea, but I have hope in my soul and stars in my eyes.
 
We know the risk and to be cautious. We really do. I was adopted. I know exactly what that side looks like. I never had any baggage about it. My Mom has been frank and I know what she went through emotionally, in detail. I was a birth mother and I know exactly what that woman feels like.

She is scared. She is burdened. She is overwhelmed. Her heart is heavy, but she thinks...maybe...this could be the right thing. I knew from the moment I heard their names who the parents of my daughter would be. Then I got in my car and drove hundreds of miles to meet them in Southern California. She was theirs, always, and I knew it. This birth Mom will need to find the people who are meant to have her child. She will have to be sure and know. If that isn't us. Well. I will cry and it will hurt. I will ache and be mad at god all over again. And then I will keep looking. Our stars are out there, and they are going to find us.
 
This is the heartbreak part. Remember when I said this would be real? Remember when I said this would be honest? Remember when I said you might watch us fly or fall? Gentle hands to catch us if we need it friends, please. Our hearts and arms are open wide.

No comments:

Post a Comment