About Me

My photo
Hi! We are the McCann's. Our names are Ben & Anna. We are a loving family in Las Vegas, Nevada looking for an infant or young child to adopt. Baby makes 4! Our blog will outline the process we go through to finish our family through adoption. It's going to be honest. It's going to be hard. It's going to be obtrusive. We are publicly sharing our story because word of mouth has always been the most effective way to find a child that needs their forever family.

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Chucktober: Day 1

 
In 2012 I posted my Converse collection and the memories or joy associated with them. We called it Chucktober and it was a cathartic experience after another second trimester miscarriage. Now, we are selling my collection as part of our adoption fundraising efforts. Thanks for reading our journey.


Since I decided to do "Chucktober" I have been thinking about what pair I should start with. Should I start it off with a brand new pair for symbolism? Should I pick my favorites to start it on a great note? Should I pick a pair that mean something to me? I actually ended up choosing none of those things and picked a pair that corresponds with someone I love very much.

Today begins my month of wearing my favorite shoes, Converse All Stars, every day for 31 days. However, more importantly, today begins my brother in law's new chapter of life dedicated to service of his country. Today Joey reports to the intake center in San Diego to become a member of the United States Navy. We're proud of you Joseph, and today I wear my stars and stripes collection chucks for you!


http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=151429456851

No comments:

Post a Comment