About Me

My photo
Hi! We are the McCann's. Our names are Ben & Anna. We are a loving family in Las Vegas, Nevada looking for an infant or young child to adopt. Baby makes 4! Our blog will outline the process we go through to finish our family through adoption. It's going to be honest. It's going to be hard. It's going to be obtrusive. We are publicly sharing our story because word of mouth has always been the most effective way to find a child that needs their forever family.

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Chucktober: Day 21

Chucktober Day 21: I woke up at 5am because I heard my dog having a bad dream. She was abused before she came to us and often had to be woken to escape dreams of the bad people. I never begrudged her needing assistance to get away from her demons. Today was only strange because it's been 3 months since she died. I finally moved her bed to the garage a few days ago and almost everyday I hear her or feel her near. I miss her.

There has been a velvet bag on my mantle for 90 days. It's embroidered with "until we meet again, across the rainbow bridge". I knew it was just packaging but I hadn't been able to bring myself to open it. I keep trying to imagine that I'm not still heartbroken over my dog. I keep imagining that she's getting a bath or enjoying the cooler weather in a bright patch of sun in the yard. None of its true. She's gone and I hurt.

This morning I finally had the stones to pull the drawstring free. My eyes are still overrun with tears at the kindness of people who never knew me, but knew just how much we loved our dog. Now I have Tessa's footprints and a note telling me how much she loves me. Don't worry Momma Dog, I already knew that. You were always my girl.

Today has nothing to do with shoes. It's about loving your family, with shoes or without.


No comments:

Post a Comment