About Me

My photo
Hi! We are the McCann's. Our names are Ben & Anna. We are a loving family in Las Vegas, Nevada looking for an infant or young child to adopt. Baby makes 4! Our blog will outline the process we go through to finish our family through adoption. It's going to be honest. It's going to be hard. It's going to be obtrusive. We are publicly sharing our story because word of mouth has always been the most effective way to find a child that needs their forever family.

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Chucktober: Day 11

(In 2012 I posted a pair of my converse daily. I posted memories associated or why I loved them. We are selling my converse collection for adoption fundraising. Our eBay seller ID is annamonsteranna, These are not for sale)
  

What you see is a plain pair of black chucks. What you see is wrong. These aren't plain black chucks. They are my favorite chucks. They are black canvas with black leather zebra stripes. They are chucks that have been set on fire, drowned in a bathroom flood, temporarily lost and through hell. They are also the first chucks I reach for, the ones I wear the most and also fit me like they were made for my feet, and have long been referred to as my "fire shoes".

These chucks came to live with my Thanksgiving of 2006. I came out to visit my same Thanksgiving friends and stopped at the outlet at State Line just like always. My zebra chucks were sitting and waiting for me on the clearance rack. It was love at first site. I wore them out of the store and continued on my merry way to my friends house.

Charity Morgan, do you remember when we set your backyard on fire? It was that Thanksgiving and we started the outdoor fireplace at the old house. I looked out the back slider and saw that some char had jumped and set the "grass" on fire. I ran out the door and we all started jumping up and down to put it out? Yeah, that was day 2 or so of having these shoes. They looked like they had been worn for years because of the fire and my pinstriping on the soles pulled away. They became my favorites that day and I haven't stopped wearing them since. Isn't it strange how shoes can have so many great adventures?

No comments:

Post a Comment