About Me

My photo
Hi! We are the McCann's. Our names are Ben & Anna. We are a loving family in Las Vegas, Nevada looking for an infant or young child to adopt. Baby makes 4! Our blog will outline the process we go through to finish our family through adoption. It's going to be honest. It's going to be hard. It's going to be obtrusive. We are publicly sharing our story because word of mouth has always been the most effective way to find a child that needs their forever family.

Monday, October 13, 2014

Chucktober: Day 13


 (In 2012 I posted a pair of my converse daily. I posted memories associated or why I loved them. We are selling my converse collection for adoption fundraising. Our eBay seller ID is annamonsteranna)



For anyone not paying attention, Chucktober has turned into an actual sharing of feelings that I didn't anticipate. Last night I had convinced myself that it was okay to stop and just shove everything back into the closet. I went to bed with a heavy heart and still filled with anger. Don't get me wrong, I woke up that way too, but today it's different. I woke up knowing I'm simply not a quitter and I have never stopped working for anything I've ever wanted.

These Chucks are a gorgeous dark pink called raspberry. I bought them about 6 months ago when I thought I'd be pregnant at any moment and was hoping for a girl. I was saving them for when that day came. I think that day is purely theoretical so today I cracked open the box and wore my little girl chucks for the first time. I have hoped and dreamed about a house filled with kids since I started dating my husband. Sometimes what we want and what is aren't compatible and it's time to just put one foot in front of the other. So, here I go. One step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment