About Me

My photo
Hi! We are the McCann's. Our names are Ben & Anna. We are a loving family in Las Vegas, Nevada looking for an infant or young child to adopt. Baby makes 4! Our blog will outline the process we go through to finish our family through adoption. It's going to be honest. It's going to be hard. It's going to be obtrusive. We are publicly sharing our story because word of mouth has always been the most effective way to find a child that needs their forever family.

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Chucktober: Day 4

(In 2012 I posted a pair of my converse daily. I posted memories associated or why I loved them. We are selling my converse collection for adoption fundraising. Our eBay seller ID is annamonsteranna)








Chucktober Day 4: In early 2008 I was in love. I was scared, confused and having strange thoughts. I was thinking about forever rather than plotting my exit strategy. I would feel my heart speed up when I thought about him and when he wasn't there I missed him instead of being relieved he was gone. I was one of those nauseating people with little birdies and hearts swirling around their head in animation, you know them, we all want to punch them. In early 2008 I was also about to go to Hawaii.

Do you know how you find out how amazing your friends are? Trap them in a box for 7 days with someone smitten and if they don't kill them by the end, they love the twitterpated idiot. I have proof that Jennifer Young and Michael Baer both love me very much, as they endured a week of hearing me talk about a boy. And sighing about a boy. And constantly saying I missed a boy. And bringing him up unnecessarily roughly every 30 seconds. I probably even mumbled poetry in my sleep. I had an amazing time with my friends in Hawaii, having adventures and enjoying a lot of voluntary slowness. I also did not stop thinking about Ben for more than 90 seconds at a time. By the 3rd day of that trip I knew I was all in. By the 5th day I thought I was going to die. By the 8th day I was so happy to land back at LAX that I almost cried. Of course, I had to act cool about it, but I wanted to tell him I'd be happy to never spend a night apart again.

A few months later Ben told me I was going to marry him. I didn't have much of a response. I tried to negotiate getting everything without scary marriage, but he wouldn't have it. Every time I lobbied for an alternate he calmly informed me that I was going to marry him. Two weeks later I bought my blue hawaiian converse. It memorialized my memories of the Hawaii trip and my realization of the depth of my love. It also gave me the stones to finally tell Benjamin McCann he was right. I was going to marry him.

I said that not all of my Chucks have stories. I think I might be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment