About Me

My photo
Hi! We are the McCann's. Our names are Ben & Anna. We are a loving family in Las Vegas, Nevada looking for an infant or young child to adopt. Baby makes 4! Our blog will outline the process we go through to finish our family through adoption. It's going to be honest. It's going to be hard. It's going to be obtrusive. We are publicly sharing our story because word of mouth has always been the most effective way to find a child that needs their forever family.

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Chucktober: Day 9 - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!



(In 2012 I posted a pair of my converse daily. I posted memories associated or why I loved them. We are selling my converse collection for adoption fundraising. Our eBay seller ID is annamonsteranna)






Chucktober Day 9: "The Anniversary Edition". My husband and I eloped. Wedding planning had turned into a much bigger deal than either of us was interested in and man were my feet cold. I told Ben that if he didn't want me to back out that he needed to pick a date and not even tell me when. I wanted a dress and photographer and that was it. A few weeks later we stole away about 20 miles (and only told a few people) and quietly got married in beautiful Ventura. I will give you exactly one guess as to what shoes I was wearing that day (for everything except our 6 minute ceremony). I got ready in those shoes, drove to the beach in those shoes, took photos in those shoes and even wore them for our luxurious private bbq wedding dinner. The people in that restaurant didn't expect to see a lady in a wedding dress show up, but we were starving! I had never been happier, more in love, or so tired. I have learned that it was only the beginning of happiness and that love multiples.
I have been told by my husband that I've been granted a 1 year extension on my contract with additional options to renew. The pretty flowers on my desk are a good faith installment on all the love and effort the next year will require. I am already looking forward to my next renewal...and the one after that...and the one after that. I love you Benjamin, thank you for marrying me and giving my shoes amazing memories. Happy Anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment