About Me

My photo
Hi! We are the McCann's. Our names are Ben & Anna. We are a loving family in Las Vegas, Nevada looking for an infant or young child to adopt. Baby makes 4! Our blog will outline the process we go through to finish our family through adoption. It's going to be honest. It's going to be hard. It's going to be obtrusive. We are publicly sharing our story because word of mouth has always been the most effective way to find a child that needs their forever family.

Monday, October 27, 2014

Chucktober: Day 26

Chucktober Day 26: I like philanthropy. I like donating money, objects, time and thought to charitable causes. I'm a natural born capitalist which means most often I donate cash. I usually have one or two things on my amazon list that donate to a cause but I never buy them. I don't like purchasing tangible objects for donations, it's just a weird quirk I have.

I had a best friend for over a decade. Now I don't. He bought these for my 27th birthday in 2006, just after I had spent 6 months imploding my life. These converse were part of the Inspi(red) movement from the time. They are covered in birds in flight. I like the symbolism but I hate the memory. It was a very kind gesture and showed a lot of thought and caring. Now it just stings.

I didn't want to put these on because I don't want to talk about my friend. I thought he was my brother and a friend for life. I was wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment